The Accelerated Master’s Program (AMP) in French is an exciting way to jump-start your graduate studies.
Undergraduate students with 90 credits and at least a 3.3 GPA may apply to the French MA program. Once admitted, up to 12 hours of graduate-level French courses double count toward both the French major and the MA in French.
Students typically complete their two French degrees in only five years at The University of Alabama.
For more information, contact Dr. Alicia Cipria, director of graduate studies, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- With the AMP option, you can complete both your undergraduate and MA degrees in 5 years (or a bit more, if needed). With the regular undergraduate curriculum, you would spend 4 years of undergraduate work and 2 full years for the M.A.
- As an AMP student, you will be able to take up to 12 hours (4 courses) of graduate courses that will count towards both the bachelor’s and master’s degrees.
- Another advantage of the AMP option is that your scholarship funding may cover the graduate classes you take while an undergraduate.
- Once you have your B.A. in hand, you are eligible for a tuition waiver and a stipend as a Graduate Teaching Assistant during your final year in the M.A. program.
- With a Graduate Teaching Assistantship, you will receive training in pedagogy and teaching methodology.
- If interested, you should communicate with the professors noted above by the beginning of your junior year (at the latest).