Sponsored by the US State Department, Fulbright Awards are highly competitive, and provide grants for individually designed study and research projects, or for English-teaching assistantships. Nine UA graduates have been selected for the 2017-2018 academic year.
- Ruth Bishop, who holds a BA in Spanish, will teach in Colombia.
- Benjamin Canady, a Japanese minor, will teach in South Korea.
- Kelsey Daugherty, who minored in German, will teach in Germany.
- Brittany Groves, a graduate in Foreign Languages and Literature (FLLT) – German, will also teach in Germany.
- Jonathan Joyner, a French minor, will conduct a study in Sri Lanka on its recent civil war.
- Jackson Knappen, who holds a BA in Spanish, will teach in Spain.
- Alexandra LeViness, who minored in both German and Russian, will conduct research at the Max Planck Institute for Plasma Physics in Greifswald, Germany.
- Charlotte Sheridan, an Arabic student, will conduct research in environmental studies in Jordan.
- Ann Varnedoe, who minored in Spanish, will teach in Spain.
Congratulations to all!