SP Major/Minor Advisor
Dr. Xabier Granja is the current undergraduate advisor (UGA) for Spanish majors and minors. You may contact him in any of the ways specified below, or you can also visit the Spanish Advising FAQ:
Office: 224 BB Comer Hall
Phone: (205) 348-6608
Please be sure to include your CWID with any email communications in order to speed up the process. If you cannot reach the UGA, you can call our main office at (205) 348-5059.
Do you have questions about your enrollment? Join us via Zoom and we will get you some answers! During Fall 2021, Spanish advising will take place via Zoom. You can come to advising at any point during advising hours, with no prior appointment. You will be auto-muted when you enter the Zoom call. If the advisor is still finishing up with the previous inquiring student, you will be asked to return shortly. Please be patient; some consults are brief, but others can take 10 or 20 minutes. If you cannot attend during regular office hours, please email the UGA to request an appointment.
- All students need to sign an Advising DocuSign form so there is a record of the advising session. This will not lock you into any specific path, but it’ll serve as a record of your consult with the Advisor. If you are attempting to clear your PIN, this DocuSign form is compulsory.
- Please fill in the form including the following information:
- Contact information, as specified below:
- Registration information: include your Name, Major, Minor (if any) and all the courses you intend to take in the following semester, not just in Spanish.
- If you do not know which courses you intend to take in Spanish, leave this area blank and the Advisor will fill it in.
Advising will take place as specified below. Click here to join the advising session (Zoom).