Please email me to arrange a remote meeting.
MA, Biblical Studies, Reformed Theological Seminary
MA, Latin, University of Nebraska
PhD, Classical Philology, University of Illinois
Dr. Summers’s research interests include Reformation (especially the Reformed/Calvinist movement), Neo-Latin; Roman religion, Lucretius, and Cicero. Currently General Editor for the Peter Martyr Vermigli Loci communes translation project.
Fall 2020 classes:
- LA 301/490 – Health and Well-Being in the Ancient World
- CL 450 (W) – Aristotle: How Stuff Works
1. Peter Martyr Vermigli, On Original Sin, edited and translated, with introduction (Leesburg, VA: Davenant Press, 2019).
2. Morality after Calvin: Theodore Beza’s Christian Censor and Reformed Ethics (Oxford University Press, 2016).
3. “Reformation Humanism: Reading the Classics in the New Theology,” Reformation and Renaissance Review, 2018.
4. “Philippians 1:21-22: Revisiting John Calvin’s Innovative Interpretation,” in Calvin Theological Journal 53.1 (2018): 129–153. To view the article, go here.
1. Theodore Beza at 500: New Perspectives on an Old Reformer, ed. w/Scott Manetsch, Vandenhoeck & Ruprecht, in press.