FALL 2019: Tuesdays & Thursdays, 2:00-3:00 pm and by appointment.
MA, Biblical Studies, Reformed Theological Seminary
MA, Latin, University of Nebraska
PhD, Classical Philology, University of Illinois
Dr. Summers’s research interests include Reformation (especially the Reformed/Calvinist movement), Neo-Latin; Roman religion, Lucretius, and Cicero. Currently General Editor for the Peter Martyr Vermigli Loci communes translation project.
Fall 2019 classes:
- LA 301/490/590: The Thought of Cicero
- CL 380: Aristotle
1. Peter Martyr Vermigli, On Original Sin, edited and translated, with introduction (Leesburg, VA: Davenant Press, 2019).
3. “Reformation Humanism: Reading the Classics in the New Theology,” Reformation and Renaissance Review, 2018. To view the article and download the PDF, go here.
4. “Philippians 1:21-22: Revisiting John Calvin’s Innovative Interpretation,” in Calvin Theological Journal 53.1 (2018): 129–153. To view the article, go here.
1. “Consoling the Huguenot Refugees in Late 16th Century Geneva,” in Archive for Reformation History/Archiv für Reformationsgeschichte 2019
2. “Theodore Beza’s ‘Bare-Breasted Religion:’ Liturgical Mystery and the English Vestments Controversy,” in Proceedings of the International Congress on Calvin Research (Philadelphia, 2018)