**************** currently redirects to http://ualc.as.ua.edu/ ****************
University of Alabama Languages Conference
February 12-13, 2016
The Many Tongues of Talk and Tale
Dr. John Lipski (Linguistics) and Dr. Karen Elizabeth Bishop (Literature)
Proposals in all languages are welcome in, but are not strictly limited to, the following topic strands:
- L1, L2, L3 acquisition and pedagogy
- Languages in contact
- Historical and comparative linguistics
- Non-verbal communication; sign language
- Language as presented in literature, film and music
- Voices in literature
- Feminism, gender identity
- Storytelling, mythology, memory
Proposals are invited for individual papers or presentations of 20 minutes in length. Please email abstracts in English of up to 500 words as a Word document attachment to email@example.com.
Please include the following information for each presenter:
- Name, Affiliation, E-mail address
- Title of presentation
- Multimedia requests, if any
Suggestions for panels of three or four presenters are especially encouraged. Along with a description of the panel proposed, please submit one panel proposal accompanied by individual abstracts for all presenters and provide the professional information requested above for each member.
The deadline for proposal submission is November 15, 2015.
Dear participants: As you make plans to travel to Tuscaloosa, we hope you find the following information useful. Please contact us if you have any questions.
- Driving Directions for Common Routes
- Driving directions from Birmingham Airport to Tuscaloosa
- Birmingham Airport Shuttle – ACR Express Pricing and Lin Run Schedule
- Accommodations in Tuscaloosa
- Things to do here!
- Visit the Birmingham Civil Rights Institute!