UA in France
The UA in France summer program begins with a week-long excursion in Paris and Versailles, visiting major historical and cultural sites and attending performances, followed by four weeks of concentrated study at L’Institut de Touraine in Tours, while living with a French family, in your own private room. While in Tours, you will get the opportunity to take a day-trip to seaside locations at le Mont-Saint-Michel and Saint-Malo and visit to famous Renaissance châteaux in the Loire Valley. Take advantage of this unforgettable learning opportunities to satisfy requirements for a major or minor in French, or for foreign language proficiency for some other program, or just for personal interest and enrichment.
UA in France: Language & Culture 2020
Apply here to participate in this unique learning opportunity from May 17 – June 21, 2020. Find out more information about the program or contact the 2020 director Dr. Jean-Luc Robin if you have questions.
Intermediate Undergraduate Courses
- FR 201 Intermediate French I
- FR 202 Intermediate French II
Upper-Division Undergraduate Courses
- FR 328 French Conversation (equivalent of FR 321 or 323)
- FR 329 French Grammar (equivalent of FR 322)
- FR 339 French Civilization (equivalent of FR 331)
- FR 380 Special Topics: Language, or Literature
- FR 480 Special Topics: Language, Literature, Civilization, or Commercial French
- FR 484 Advanced Conversation and Phonetics (equivalent of FR 421)
- FR 590 Directed Study: Language, Literature, Civilization
- FR 680 Special Topics: Language, Literature, or Civilization